Sewing Events & Workshops
Please contact us for details.
Whether you want to learn how to use a sewing machine or understand a commercial pattern, we have a workshop for you at Champlain Sewing Center. We offer the following informative and enjoyable choices:
- SEWING MACHINES BASICS, ACCESSORIES, PRESSER FEET, NEEDLES AND TOOLS: Whether you just bought a new sewing machine or you’ve owned one for a while but don’t have a clue where to start to sew your first seam, this is the workshop for you. You will better understand the fundamental functions of your machine and learn the basic skills to operate it.
- SERGER BASICS FOR BEGINNERS: This workshop is to help you better understand the fundamental functions of your serger, to learn how to thread it, to make the most basic stitches and how to address tension issues to obtain the best results.
- HEMMING TECHNIQUES AND DIFFERENT METHODS TO INSERT ZIPPERS: This practical workshop is designed to teach you several hemming techniques (blind hem, regular jean hem and euro jean hem), topstitching with a twin needle and you will also learn different methods to insert a zipper including the invisible zipper.
- BASIC SEWING FOR BEGINNERS 1: In this workshop you will learn basic sewing and pressing techniques while making a fun project, a French Seamed Envelope Pillow. Basic knowledge of the functions of your sewing machine is required to enroll in this workshop.
- BASIC SEWING FOR BEGINNERS 2: (Two Sessions): While making a pair of PJ’s bottom you will learn to understand a commercial pattern, take your measurements to determine your size, determine the yardage of fabric to purchase, cut and prepare the pieces, sew, press and finish the seam allowances. Basic knowledge of the functions of your sewing machine is required to enroll in this workshop.
Call us today to enroll!